Saturday 14 March 2015

Good things...

Good things come in small packages. That is what the old English adage tells me.

In this small package, smaller than a tea-spoon, there is definitely something useful:
This little box contains 2 small ear-plugs which are proving to be a sanity-saver in Juba! The noise of 2 generators buzzing and clanking as they churn diesel through their pipes until late at night can be exhausting.
Unfortunately, two generators are situated right outside our bedroom windows.
Fortunately, these ear-plugs are good for blocking out most of the noise out! This means I am allowed to sleep when I choose, rather than when the neighbours choose to turn off their machines.

I never thought I'd rely on ear-plugs for sleep, so now I am grateful that I had them in our luggage when we moved here (thanks, Alison!). A new pack will definitely be on my shopping list for our UK visit later this year!

2 comments:

  1. I remember buying some to use in av hotel right next to a very busy main road. Yes very useful for me and others as I am grumpy without adequate sleep. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ste wears ear plugs every night... I don't snore but apparently I breathe too noisily? Anyhow. Glad they are doing the job for you. Ste will tell you where to stock up in the UK! J x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments on our blog- it is fun to hear from you! :-)

Still in East Africa!

 It seems as though Google takes down a blog website if it is not active for a certain period of time. I can no longer find the almost 5 yea...