Tuesday 25 August 2015

Blepharitis

I had never heard the word in this title until this morning. It is an eye condition that is painful and causes nasty swelling.

The reason I now know this medical term is because I sent the photos below in an email to the doctors in London's Interhealth, asking if they could tell us what is wrong with Joel's eye.

Thankfully, the doctor there knew straightaway that Joel has "blepharitis".
He also knew that I needed to get Joel started on antibiotics as soon as possible, which we have been able to do.
The doctor additionally informed us that Joel needs an antibiotic eye ointment, a part of his treatment that he needs quickly. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find this elusive ointment...

As I go to bed tonight, I hope I can sleep, rather than worrying about what we should do next, or whether I will be able to find the ointment tomorrow when I brave the security restrictions and head out to search for it on foot, accompanied by MAF friend Sue....

4 comments:

  1. O poor JOEL, that looks so painful. I also hadn't heard of blepharitis before. Wondering if it's peculiar to S Sudan. Will Google it now. hope you find that ointment. Dad sends his love to and a hug for JOEL. Hope no one else gets it. Love nana xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to see this and to read your subsequent e-mail / prayer request. Praying the antibiotics act quickly and no damage is done. Jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iv'e had blepharitis this year, poor Joel he has my sympathy it is very painful, hope it goes away soon. A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Joel.Looks good now. Probably needs lots of cake to recover!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments on our blog- it is fun to hear from you! :-)

Still in East Africa!

 It seems as though Google takes down a blog website if it is not active for a certain period of time. I can no longer find the almost 5 yea...