Saturday 18 June 2016

Time Out

I am writing this while sitting on a well used blue sofa in the characterful MAF Team House in Nairobi. The log fire is crackling merrily in the grate and I am snug in my long trousers, fluffy slippers and comfy fleece jacket.
We are now on R and R break and enjoying the cooler weather of a Kenyan winter, a pleasant change from the relentless heat of South Sudan.

It is wonderful to have this time out, away from what has been a pressured couple of months in Juba. I am enjoying being in Nairobi.... It is nice to sleep under a warm duvet in a cool room. It is fun to catch up with Nairobi friends.  It is refreshing to see the green grass and leafy trees on the MAF Nairobi compound, as South Sudan is suffering a poor rainy season this year, unfortunately, and the greenery is not as lush as it could be in Juba this season.

But most of all, it is wonderfully soothing to sleep in a house which is quiet at night; where there is no mechanical generator noise to impose on us; where I can peacefully drift off to sleep and then wake up at any time without the sound of  generators invading my sense of hearing. Bliss! That in itself is sufficient to provide R and R!

I would like to post some photos from our R and R time, but being technically challenged, I have not worked out how to get pictures off my camera and onto the iPad! Any photographs will have to be posted on a later blog entry another time... :-)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have been able to get some proper sleep again after such a long time ��. Hope everything else at Nairobi went well (given your text messages). Looking forward to your nextost! Love from S,J,D,S,M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments on our blog- it is fun to hear from you! :-)

Still in East Africa!

 It seems as though Google takes down a blog website if it is not active for a certain period of time. I can no longer find the almost 5 yea...