Thursday 14 December 2017

Terrific Tuesday!

It's not every day that you go shopping and find yourself winning a prize when you check out!

There's an Eritrean supermarket near to the children's school. I went to do my shopping there on Tuesday morning - it seemed to cost a lot of money even though I did not feel like I bought many items.

Here is my shopping, boxed up for me by the staff, plus the huge bag of dog food for Harry:

After paying my bill, I was given a SURPRISE!! Apparently a local bank was doing a promotion and when customers paid a certain way, they were liable to win a prize - and I was one of the winners!! YIPPEE!!! I won 6 vouchers to spend in the shop during the month of December with the value of 60,000 Ugandan shillings. I love surprises! And I love to win vouchers! So it made the sting of the high cost of shopping suddenly seem insignificant :-)

While the staff sorted out my vouchers, I was given a chair to sit on and one of the staff came to chat to me. I was made to feel like a prized customer as I sat on my high stool observing the other customers checking out in the normal fashion!

I was duly presented with my vouchers by the bank representative- Mr. "Swipe and Win".

I felt very excited!! It's not every day one receives a surprise win- and it made my morning!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments on our blog- it is fun to hear from you! :-)

Still in East Africa!

 It seems as though Google takes down a blog website if it is not active for a certain period of time. I can no longer find the almost 5 yea...