Thursday 24 May 2018

Alive and Wise!

I have just completed a 2-week, intensive course. The course is named, "Living Wisdom". Many MAF staff before me have taken this course and highly recommended it. It kept me out of mischief for 2 weeks, with daily lessons from 8:30 every monring until it was time to fetch the children from school and then home-work every evening!

Here's the proof that I completed the course, as I pose with course facilitator Joan and my certificate:

The course can be used as a stepping stone into counselling for those interested in this field but it is also so much more. This is a comprehensive and in-depth course delving into the reasons for our attitudes and behaviours and how to improve on them: looking at ways to live in good mental health . This is the blurb from the course handbook to help explain a little more:

"This course is... a way to explore what a sound mind looks like.... learning how to understand ourselves through a Christ-centered Psychology. Teaching our minds to be our friend, regardless of the circumstances we find ourselves in...."

For those interested in finding out more, there are various websites and this is one of them:

https://www.livingwisdom.co.nz/

Although we studied for 2 weeks, myself and the 26 other students from my class know that there was alot to take in, so we now have much to consider and "digest"  in order to get the most out of the course. It will be a work in progress to allow the material to be useful.

It was a fascinating course, giving me lots to think over and much to learn- and hopefully helping me to be wiser for my day to day life! :-)





1 comment:

  1. Hello daughter,full of wisdom,I'm off to explore the website so that I can be as wise as you! Love mum xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments on our blog- it is fun to hear from you! :-)

Still in East Africa!

 It seems as though Google takes down a blog website if it is not active for a certain period of time. I can no longer find the almost 5 yea...