Saturday 16 August 2014

Finally Here!!

We are finally in Juba!

No more "living in limbo". The journey has been made and the Parker family are in their new home, in South Sudan. We have now been here 5 days. We are happy to be in our own home, with our own boxes of goods to unpack!

There is so much to learn. So much to see. And so much to do to make our home in this new land. As I write this, I am surrounded by a mess of half-unpacked boxes, overflowing bins full of packing materials, curtains draped over an ironing board waiting to be ironed, a jumble of  newly rediscovered toys, with the shiny floor tiles below my feet already covered in mud, where my boys have already made their mark (Juba mud is apparently just as much fun to play in as the mud of any other country!!).

I have so much I would love to blog about and so many photos I would like to share. However, right now, I need to hang up some curtains and hunt for clean pyjamas for the children to change into for the evening. It's amazing how ordinary domestic life can be, even immediately following a major move with our 3-day journey to get here from England's Isle of Wight!

I hope there will be lots of stories to relate from our new home in South Sudan. I look forward to blogging them on this new blog site!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you've arrived safely in your new home and good luck with all the unpacking and settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading about your adventures in Juba. Jx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments on our blog- it is fun to hear from you! :-)

Still in East Africa!

 It seems as though Google takes down a blog website if it is not active for a certain period of time. I can no longer find the almost 5 yea...