Wednesday 20 April 2016

Confused?

I'm confused.

Last week, a new bank note was brought out. Its worth is 20 Pounds.

The trouble is, it looks exactly like the current 25 pound note. The only difference is that one of the notes has been in circulation longer and is therefore more worn. Plus, of course, the number in the corner is different.

Front view:
 

Back view:


I was just getting quite attached to the 25 Pound note. I have never worked with a banknote of this denomination before and I have discovered that it is an excellent aide to teaching decimals! I can use a single note for my pupils to visibly demonstrate 25 as a quarter of 100, to make sense of 0.25.
Since three of the notes equal 75 pounds, this makes a great illustration for 0.75 as three quarters of 100 pounds.

Now, however, I will have to watch out. If I accidentally pick up the wrong note- which will be a very easy mistake to make- I won't be the only one who ends up confused!

1 comment:

  1. And who says you struggled with maths. I'm already confused! Nana xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments on our blog- it is fun to hear from you! :-)

Still in East Africa!

 It seems as though Google takes down a blog website if it is not active for a certain period of time. I can no longer find the almost 5 yea...